More than just a fad, healthy eating is the way to go. If you want to prolong your life and live to your full potential, one of the things that I realized was that food must not ever go over and under the limit. The quality is also important. Although taste is a big part of enjoying a meal, nutrients are pretty much the things to look at.
A restaurant that has recently entered the Philippine scene that would exude healthy eating while being delicious at the same time would be BIJIN NABE. Located in S Maison Mall, this particular Japanese place serves collagen hot pot that aids in digestion, keeps your skin firm and fresh, and is even quite light. Here are 5 things to remember when visiting the restaurant for the first time.
1) Sharing is Caring. An order is roughly around 750 Php and it's good for 2 persons. Albeit it's a bit pricey but the main ingredients are all shipped in from overseas and are prepared generously. Quality wise, you won't be able to deny it. It's pretty good.
2) Eating this dish is a process. Simple as it might seem, it starts with waiting. The collagen itself is boiled to create a semi-thick stock. It's light and has a chicken flavor.
3) Once you get to try it out, vegetables are added in. Then Shrimps. Then either noodles or even rice to create a porridge. It's here that different flavors pop out. It's as if the stock has absorbed all the nutrients. Hence, the flavor change.
4) It's nutritious and delicious. Everything is great for your skin. Some friends have suggested going back just because they felt better after eating some. Also, the aroma and the smoke coming from the dish would entice you to return for more.
5) Sides are your best friend. It might be a bit too much to just eat soup and chicken, but at BIJIN NABE, they also offer delicious side dishes to accompany your meal. One could go for the chicken and even their version of an onigiri. Rice balls wrapped with pork belly. IF you're watching your diet, you might enjoy the eggplants. These babies tastes like sweet potatoes and are definitely must tries.
Food In The Bag is now in Facebook. Click Here to follow and like.
If you are into INSTAGRAM Follow me @foodinthebag.
Granted that you can't eat this everyday, it's a good introduction to healthy living as dishes in this restaurant aims to provide nutrients and delicious flavors to its guests.
BIJIN NABE by TSUKADA NOJO
2nd Floor S MAISON MALL,
Conrad Hotel, Pasay City, Metro Manila