With the Christmas Season just around the corner, parties are starting to pop up left and right. Your high school classmates might organize a little get together. Family reunions are in the pipeline. Definitely, potlocks would be one of the things that you might need to plan for.
A simple dish that I love is potato gratin. It’s easy to cook and is fully loaded with energy. It’s one of my go to dishes for some of the get togethers I attend. My mother created an easy version that can serve a large number of guests without breaking the bank. It’s easy, fun and doesn’t involve too much hard work. This is my mom’s foolproof recipe of US FROZEN POTATO GRATIN.
For the ingredients, you would need.
1KG of US FROZEN POTATOES Preferably the SLICES.
3 TBSP Butter
3 TBSP All Purpose Flour
Salt and Pepper to Taste.
2 Cups Milk
1-2 cloves of Garlic
1) Go to the nearest market like Rustan’s or SM and visit their frozen section. Ingredient selection is important. Check out the different choices of ready to cook US FROZEN POTATO products. I would suggest going for the US FROZEN POTATO SLICES. It’s already lightly salted and is easier to use as it’s perfectly cut for our needs. Plus, it’s pre-cooked already so it’s easier to bake. Aside from these, most if not all of the ingredients that you would need could be found in your mother’s kitchen.
2)After gathering all the ingredients, the first step is to make the roux. This would be part of the sauce that would engulf the US FROZEN POTATOES. You do this by mixing equal parts of butter and flour. First off, melt the butter in the pan. Add equal parts of flour and stir it around.
Once it’s starting to form, you can add milk slowly into the mixture. During this time, you could place in some crushed garlic to add a bit of zing. Pepper and salt too if you wish. Just remember that the US frozen potato slices are already salted a bit so you may want to only add a little. Once you get a semi-thick sauce consistency, it’s ready.
3) Prepare the US Frozen Potatoes and place them in a circular manner on your baking dish. Spread them out evenly. Be sure to leave a bit of space to let the sauce in.
4) Once you get the target consistency with regards to the liquid mixture, add it up to the potatoes. Place your favorite cheese (mine’s parmesan) on top just to give it some extra color when you bake it.
5) During this time, preheat your oven to 475 °F or around 250 C. After such, place the baking dish in for roughly 10-15 minutes.
6) When you see a brownish color forming up, add the bacon on top and some chopped parsley. You could then leave it for a few more minutes just to toast everything. It’s ready!
When picking up US FROZEN POTATOES, one thing I realized was that it’s an easier and affordable way of getting ingredients ready for any dish you might think of. It’s available in major markets like RUSTANS and SM and that’s basically everywhere. It’s also cheaper than other similar products in the market.